Monday, August 2, 2010

The Type Of Classes That I Detest

In a class, we have to concentrate and take down notes on what the teacher is teaching.We have to absorb as much knowledge as possible.This is important for us to do well and get good results.But some classes will let me feel hesitant.It makes me lose concentration in my class.The type of classes that i detest are classes that have bad timings, poor environment, and bad lecturers.

Most often when we heard about the reason why a student skipped their class is because the class haves a bad timing.What do they mean by a class that haves a bad timing?For example,the class is early in the morning like 8a.m. or a late class during night time.For morning class at 8a.m. ,I feel that the time is too early and it is difficult for me to wake up early in the morning. A lot of students will be late for class, some of them even skipped classes in the morning because they overslept.Actually I'm one of them.I usually missed all the lessons that the teacher taught in the class.While night class 8pm-10pm also a bad timing to study,this is because I will feel sleepy studying at night.It is difficult to focus in class and may miss some tittle that I have learned in class.

On the other hand,the poor environment in class will affect me too.What are the bad conditions of a class?Bad lightning,bad air ventilation ,dirty,smelly and also poor condition of school's facilities.A dimmed class will make me feel tired and sleepy.A bad air ventilation will make me feel uncomfortable during the class.A dirty and smelly class will affect my mood to study and unable to concentrate in class because I will be disturbed by those smell or even by the rubbish in class.A class with facilities in bad conditions such as unclear projector,broken chair or a shaky table will also make me feel uneasy and lose attention in class and sometimes,I may lost my patience too.

In addition,the most important reason that i detest the class is because of the bad lecturer.For me, lecturer’s teaching skills is the biggest factor that affects me. This is because a lecturer is the most important character, playing the most important role in a class.If a lecturer has bad teaching skills,most likely it will affect not only me,but all students in the class. Moreover, I also detest the class when the lecturer does not explain the things particularly.For example, the lecturer will just read through what shown in the text book.If students request for more explanation or for a example,the lecturer will simply pick an example question from the text book and show it to us.This make us hard to understand about what we are learning and we'll face a lot more problems when we are doing our homework or when we are sitting for the exam.

In short, in order to get good achievements in my study, I have to put more effort and more concentration in class no matter how I much detest that class.I hope I can cope with these problems that I am facing in the class and enjoy more in my studies.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Angles,

    Solid examples ^^ but there are some mistakes that I would like to direct your attention to ^^:

    Knowledge is uncountable, so cannot be used with many ya.

    Some classes make you hesitate, hesitate is a verb but after make you (should be followed by an adjective)so should be hesitant...

    Here are some sentences with some errors, do correct them and send me back ya ^^

    1) What means by classes that have bad timing?

    2)Actually i'm the one of them.

    3)I will miss all the lesson that teacher had teach in the class.

    4)a 'shake' table

    5)sometimes,I may lost my patient too.

    6)lecture’s teaching skills is

    The thesis statement that should appear at the end of the intro also should be refined ya. It should be the topic and all the 3 main ideas and please rewrite your thesis and post a new one here ya ^^

    Thanks and hope to get your response by Friday ya ^^

    All de best

    Luv,
    Ms Jasline

    ReplyDelete